Saturday, August 19, 2017

TC Wanders Around: 72nd Independence Day of Indonesia

17th of August is Indonesia's Independence day. That means a whole day of celebration. Celebrating the day of proclamation. That day you'll see the festivity on every corner. And this year, I got a chance to spend it with the children from Bogor. It was a blast.

I departed from Jakarta at around 7 am, using train. There was not many people in that train so I can sit on the whole trip.

KRL Train at Sudirman Station

Upon arriving in Bogor, I got a bit of a trance. It was successfully bring back some old memories. About joy, misery, desire, regret, hope, and what not. Ah...what a bliss.

Bogor Rail Station

Children of Ceger
Back to the main story, I walked out of the station and walked some more to the Balaikota. I took an angkot number 23/8A and it didn't take much time for me to arrive at Ceger, a neighborhood where the community I'm involved in, Wabe Project, has been working for the past two years. That day, they also held an event. Prepared many games and prizes for the kids and people there. On this small field, all those games are gonna be played. And I'm excited. Really excited to see everything.


At around 10 AM, the event started. It started with a coloring competition. I saw the picture they need to do. It was hard. :D


And followed after that the typical games of Independence Day that involving marbles, bottles, gunnysack, and balloons. Although I've seen it every year, it's still felt ecstatic to see those games being played.


In the late afternoon, everything ends with a small ceremony for prizes. And of course....tons of snapping pictures.


P.S: I'm currently mash-up-ing some footage from that day. Looking forward to it. But I'm a very moody editor so I'm not sure when it will be finished. hopefully sooner, though. Ciao! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment